【原创翻译】加拿大挑选daycare的中英文攻略大全!
为了便于妈妈们交流学习,所以这个文章用中英文形式体现,万一去老外的daycare也可以学习用英文怎么问。感谢37度5独家原创翻译
Basics: A good daycare center has been in business for a while and has solid, up-to-date credentials, clear rules and regulations, and firm policies on operating hours, pickup and drop-off times, and when children are too sick to attend.
基本点:一个好的日托中心是指已经经营了一段时间,并拥有雄厚的,更新的认证资质,明确的规章制度以及在运营时间内有严格的政策,包括接送的时间及当孩子生病了不能参加的时候相关的制度。
下面是一些必备的问题:
About the daycare center
关于日托中心
How long has the center been in business?
这个日托中心运营多久了?
What are the center's accreditations?
这个日托中心的认证资质是什么?
Enrollment
报名
What is the center's licensed capacity?
这个中心资质许可的学生数是多少?
Do you have space for my child? If not, can we get on a waiting list, and how long is it?
你们还有没有空间给我的孩子?如果没有,能不能把我们放在等候名单上,等候多久?
Days and hours
运营时间
What are your hours?
你们每天时间安排是怎样的?
What's your holiday schedule?
你们的假期时间表是什么安排的?
On what other days is the center closed?
其他有哪些时间是日托中心不营业的?
How flexible are you with pickup and drop-off times?
你们接送孩子时间的灵活度如何?
Costs
花费
What are the fees?
都有哪些费用?
Do you offer scholarships or sibling discounts?
你们提供奖学金或者兄妹亲属折扣?
Is there a late-pickup fee?
迟早接孩子会不会收费?
Do I pay when my child is ill or we're on vacation?
我孩子生病或者度假期间是否需要交费?
How and when would you bill us?
什么时候以及何种方式会把账单给我们?
Supplies
供应
Do you supply diapers, or is that up to the parent?
日托中心提供尿布么?还是取决于家长?
What other supplies would I need to bring for my child?
我需要给孩子带什么其他用品么?
Interacting with parents
家长互动
Do you encourage visits from parents?
日托中心鼓励家长探访么?
What do you expect from me as a parent?
作为家长,你期望从我这里提供什么?
How do you communicate with parents?
如何与家长沟通?
Is there a regular newsletter or a notice board?
是否有日常的简报或公告板?
Is there a daily report or another way you inform parents of what children did during the day (naps, bottles, BMs, etc.)?
是否有一个每日报告或其它方式告知父母孩子白天都做了些什么(小睡,吃奶,便便等)?
Do you encourage parent/provider conferences?
你鼓励家长会吗?
Can I bring my child in for a pre-enrollment visit?
我能带我的孩子做一个预注册的访问吗?
Size
规模
Look for a center with small groups of children and plenty of staff. The National Association for the Education of Young Childrenrecommends having one caregiver for every three to four babies, and no more than eight babies in a group; one caregiver for every four to six children between the ages of 2 and 3; and a staff-to-child ratio of 1:8 to 1:10 for 4- and 5-year-olds.
寻找一个有足够雇员和较少组孩子的日托中心。国际联合协会对于儿童教育推荐的是一个监护者照顾三到四个孩子且每个小组里不超过八个孩子。一个监护者可以照顾四到六个年龄在2-3岁之间的孩子,工作人员和4-5岁儿童的比例是1:8到1:10。
Are the kids grouped by age or are the ages mixed?
这些孩子是按年龄分组还是年龄混合?
How large is the group my child would be in?
我的孩子会进多少人的组?
What's the caregiver-child ratio in each group?
每个组的儿童和监护者数量比例是多少?
Staff
员工
Employees should be educated, with at least two years of college, a background in early childhood development (although many states don't require this), and CPR and other emergency training. The center should provide ongoing staff development in early childhood education. Caregivers should be responsible, enthusiastic, and well prepared, sharing your philosophies on key childrearing issues such as sleep, discipline, and feeding. A center with good staff benefits is likely to have less caregiver turnover, which means consistent care for your child.
员工应接受过教育,有着至少两年的大学学习经历,有早期儿童发展的背景(尽管许多国家不要求这一点),及心肺复苏等急救培训。该中心应持续发展员工的幼儿教育。护理人员应负责,热情,充分的准备,分享你对于育儿关键问题的理念,例如睡眠,纪律和喂养。具有良好的员工福利的中心可能会很少有护理人员离职的出现,这意味着会一直的照顾你的孩子。
Staff and qualifications
员工和资质
How many full-time caregivers do you have?
一共有多少专职的监护人员?
How many are part-time?
有多少是兼职的?
How do you screen staff? Do you perform background checks before hiring?
是如何筛选员工的?在雇用员工前会进行背景调查吗?
What are the staff's credentials and training?
员工的资质凭据和培训是怎样的?
Does the staff have emergency training?
这些员工有应急培训过吗?
Training in first aid?
有没有做过急救培训?
Training in CPR?
有没有心肺复苏培训?
Staff compensation and work environment
员工薪酬和工作环境
Do staff members get benefits such as health insurance and paid holidays?
员工的福利如何?有健康保险和带薪假期吗?
Do they get breaks during the day?
他们白天有休息时间吗?
How long do staff members stay at the school, on average?
平均员工的受教育情况是多少年?
Activities
活动
A good daycare center will have a well-thought-out daily schedule with a variety of activities. The program should be changed regularly so children have a chance to learn new skills and don't get bored. Television and other forms of screen time should play little or no part in the day's routine.
一个好的日托中心应拥有一个深思熟虑的日常时间表开展丰富多彩活动。该活动项目应定期更换,以便孩子有机会学习新技能且不觉得无聊。电视和其他形式的屏幕时间应该在当天的例行中占很少的比重或根本没有。
Are your toys and activities age-appropriate?
提供的玩具和活动与儿童年龄相适宜吗?
Do you have a comfortable, childproofed indoor play area where babies can safely explore and develop physical skills?
是否有舒适的,对孩子安全的室内游戏场所,其中宝宝可以安全的探索以及发展身体技能?
Do you have a safe, enclosed outside play area that encourages large-motor skills (climbing, running, riding wheeled toys)?
是否有一个安全的,封闭的室外游乐区,鼓励大型运动技能(登山,跑步,骑带轮子的玩具)?
For toddlers and older kids, do you have inviting and well-defined areas for different kinds of activities (art, music, blocks and toys, quiet reading, etc.)?
对于幼儿和年龄较大的孩子,对不同种类的活动是否有良好确定的领域(如艺术,音乐,积木和玩具,安静的读书等)
What will my child’s activities be on any given day? May I see the daily schedule?
我孩子的活动是每一天都有吗?我可以看每天的日程安排吗?
Do you take the children on walks through the neighborhood?
会不会带着孩子在附近散步?
What role, if any, does screen time have at the daycare center?
如果有看电视屏幕时间的话,它占什么角色?
Social Skills
社交能力
A good daycare program teaches children to begin to take care of themselves and to respect other children and adults. Providers should help children learn how to express themselves appropriately, discipline them kindly, and encourage their good behavior.
一个好的日托项目会教导孩子们开始自己照顾自己,尊重其他儿童和成人。监护者应帮助孩子学会如何恰当地表达自己,和蔼的管教他们,并鼓励他们良好的行为。
How do you discipline children?
如何管教孩子?
How do you comfort children?
怎么安慰孩子?
How do you handle teasing, bullying, and inappropriate group behavior among the children?
如何处理戏弄,欺侮和儿童间不适当的年龄组中的行为?
Health, Hygiene, and Safety
健康,卫生,安全
A good daycare center is clean and sanitary and observes basic safety rules. If you see poorly maintained equipment or the place seems dingy or cramped, keep looking.
一个良好的日托中心是干净卫生并遵守基本的安全规则。如果你看到维修不善的设备或某些地方看上去脏兮兮的或拥挤,继续观望。
Health
健康
Must children be immunized in order to attend?
孩子们为了参加必须打疫苗吗?
What is your sick-child policy?
孩子生病了的政策是什么?
What if my child needs medication during the day?
如果我的孩子在白天需要服药怎么办?
Hygiene
卫生
Do caregivers wash their hands after changing diapers and before feeding the children?
看护人员是否在给孩子换尿布后和喂孩子前洗手?
Are children taught/required to wash their hands after using the potty?
孩子们是否被教导使用便盆后要洗手?
How often are the toys cleaned and replaced?
玩具多久进行清洗和更换?
Safety
安全
Are indoor and outdoor play areas childproofed and escape-proof?
室内和室外游乐区是否是对孩子是安全的及有防逃跑的措施?
How old is your play equipment? When was it last inspected?
玩具设施有多久了?上一次检查是什么时候?
Are the children ever left unattended?
有没有孩子无人看管的现象出现?
Do you have a sign-in and sign-out sheet? Are the doors secure so strangers can't just walk in?
有没有签到和签出表?这些门是安全到以至于陌生人不能随进随出吗?
What is your release policy?
放学让孩子离开的政策是什么?
Who may pick up my child?
谁可以接我的孩子?
What is your disaster plan?
灾难计划有什么?
Do you have procedures for handling fires, earthquakes, intruders, and other emergencies?
你有处理火灾,地震,入侵者,以及其他突发事件的程序吗?
Is the staff well trained for these situations?
员工是否训练有素的可以针对这些情况做出反应?
Food and Sleep
饮食和睡眠
If the daycare center provides food, make sure it serves nutritious meals (covering all four food groups) and snacks. For sleeping, bedding should be fresh and firm (to reduce the risk of SIDS for babies) and nap areas should be clean and quiet.
如果日托中心提供食品,确保其提供营养套餐(涵盖所有四个食品组)和小吃。对于睡觉,床上用品应干净和牢固(以降低婴儿猝死的危险)和小睡区域应保持清洁和安静。
Eating
饮食
Do you provide breakfast, lunch, and/or snack?
是否提供早餐,午餐,和/或小吃?
If yes, what kind?
如果有的话,什么样的?
If not, what kind of food should I bring for my child? Are there any food restrictions?
如果没有的话,我应该为我的孩子带一些什么样的食物?是否有任何限制?
Do you have a refrigerator for storing bottles of breast milk or formula?
是否有冰箱可以存放瓶装母乳或配方奶?
Do you feed babies on demand or on a schedule?
喂养孩子是按需求还是按时间表进行?
Nap times
小睡时间
What is the nap schedule?
午睡时间表是怎样的?
Where do the children sleep?
孩子在哪里睡觉?
Do you place babies on their back to sleep and follow other safe sleeping practices to reduce the risk of SIDS?
是否孩子是仰着睡觉,并按照其他安全睡眠的操作,以减少儿童猝死的危险?
Additional considerations
其他注意事项
Be sure to take a moment to ask yourself the following questions when you visit.
当您参观的时候一定要花点时间问自己以下几个问题。
Do the staff and children seem happy and engaged?
员工和孩子之间是否愉快和积极参与?
Do caregivers cuddle babies? Talk directly to the children? Is their tone friendly and caring?
监护人员是否抱着婴儿?是否直接和孩子们沟通交流?她们的语气友好和关爱吗?
Are crying children responded to immediately?
对于哭闹的孩子是否立即回应?
Is the daycare center clean and pleasant?
日托所是否干净宜人?
Is the bathroom a pleasant setting, encouraging children to use it?
卫生间的设施是否舒适,鼓励孩子们使用呢?
Are appropriate safety measures (fire extinguisher, first aid kit, fences, etc.) in place?
是否有相应的安全措施(灭火器,急救箱,围栏等)?
During the hours you and your child are apart, will you feel at ease knowing your child is in this setting?
在你和你孩子分开的期间,你是否觉得安心如果你孩子在这个地方?
References
参考意见
Ask each daycare center you're considering for a list of past and present references with phone numbers — and call them.
要求每个日托中心给你提供一份有关过去和现在的可供参考的人的电话号码清单,并给他们打电话
Ask specific questions: Instead of asking whether they like the daycare, ask what exactly they do and don't like about it. If their child is no longer there, ask why.
询问这些参考人一些具体的问题:而不是问他们是否喜欢日托中心,问他们究竟具体喜欢和不喜欢它什么,如果他们的孩子已经不在这边了,问问为什么。
帮帮顶顶!! 请问这个是你原创么? 相当不错,感谢无私分享精神! 女汉子 发表于 2015-5-2 04:46
请问这个是你原创么?
废话~~当然了~~~ 翻译辛苦了!信息量真大!
页:
[1]