开启左侧

[教育] 和BBC老师一起学和茶有关的俚语

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-10-16 15:18:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

注册分享你的各种心得体会,结交更多爸爸妈妈们,登录查看完整内容哦!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册     扫一扫,用微信登录

x

在这一集的BBC英语成语老师视频中,我们要学习三个和颜色Tea有关的俚语。
1. It's not my cup of tea  非我所爱I am thinking of dropping out of my course which is chemical engineering as it is not my cup of tea. What do you think?
我在考虑退出现在学的化工课程,因为我对此不感兴趣。你觉得呢?I love novels, while other books are not my cup of tea.
我爱看小说,其它类的书则不合我的口味。
2. I wouldn't do it for all the tea in China 无论对方给我多优厚的报酬或好处,我都不会做……Your new boss sounds terrible, I wouldn't work for him for all the tea in China
你的新老板听起来真讨厌,无论给我多少钱,我都不会在他手下干的。
3. It's as good as a chocolate teapot 中看不中用This course is as good as a chocolate teapot, so I want to quit next semester.
这门课毫无用处,下学期我想把它退掉。

5d6967ab5cbaf50455da59ea12303781.jpg
附:本集视频文本,让你听的更轻松:Hello, I’m a very interesting and intelligent man. And today, this tea and I will teach you some idioms in English. I bet you’ve never been taught by some tea before. I love tea. Of course I do, I’m an Englishman. What’s this? It isn't my cup of tea! In English, if there’s something we don’t like very much for example a sport or a type of music, we can say ‘it's not my cup of tea’. It’s not my cup of tea. Please turn that down. Jazz really isn’t my cup of tea. And now… Time for a geography lesson. China is an extremely large country. Can you imagine how much tea there is in China? A lot. Now, lucky you. Today I’m going to do anything at all that you ask. So, come on… Well, I wouldn’t do that for all the tea in China.
In English, if there is something we would never do, we can say ‘I wouldn’t do it for all the tea in China’. I wouldn’t do it for all the tea in China. It means there is nothing, not even something worth a great deal that could persuade you. I can’t believe you asked me to…to do that.  Tea is hot. Well, apart from iced tea. And where do we make tea? That’s right. In a teapot So, as tea is very hot, what do you think is a good material for a teapot? Porcelain yes, glass yes, metal ok, chocolate… NO! A chocolate teapot would be completely useless. In English, if something is completely useless, we can say ‘it’s as good as a chocolate teapot’. It’s as good as a chocolate teapot. What’s that you say? You say these lessons are as good as a chocolate teapot? I don’t know. I work so hard for you and no-one seems to understand me. Quite sad really.

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-17 04:54:28 | 显示全部楼层
有道理。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-17 09:21:47 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主分享
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-10-17 13:52:47 | 显示全部楼层
路过,支持一下啦